SOLD: Three Bares Wood £32,000 Freehold
- Near Stoodleigh, Tiverton, Devon
- about 2 ¾ acres
Double benches in a clearing
Mixed trees in the dappled sunlight
Stoned shared parking area
A speckled wood butterfly enjoying a sunny glade
Norway spruce trees in the western areas
View of red deer from within the woodland
Towering trees in the eastern part of the woodland
Three Bares Wood is a fine mixed woodland with good access and well spaced trees giving an open and spacious feel.
Three Bares Wood has two distinct areas either side of the access track. To the eastern side of the track is an open area of larch with an edge of broadleaved trees and an old Devon hedge with hazel, hawthorn and blackthorn. Here there are clearings suited for creating a camping area and fine views over the adjoining pasture fields. This is a fantastic area for watching deer as they like to graze in these fields. Both red and roe deer are frequent visitors.
To the west of the track is an area of spruce trees which are well spaced letting in plenty of light and allow good access between the trees. The sunny glades here allow butterflies such as the Speckled Wood to thrive. Bird life is abundant with green woodpeckers, greater spotted woodpeckers and the colourful jay being a few of many species to frequent the area.
Three Bares Wood takes its name from the valley on which it is situated known as Bareshill. The name has since been tweaked to Three Bares Wood as the previous owners children used to play in an old forestry store which was once sited here, the children named it Three Bares Hut. We can just imagine what fun the children would have had with this as their playground.
The local area is quiet and very pleasant with country lanes winding through small villages. Exmoor National Park is within easy reach and the stunning north Devon coast with its popular surfing beaches of Croyde or Woolacombe. Whilst Westward Ho! is within a 45 minute drive.
The market town of Tiverton is within a short drive and has many facilities including shops and a leisure centre with a swimming pool.
Particulars and plans were prepared by our local manager, Stuart Brooking.
The purchasers of the woodland will be asked to enter into a covenant to ensure the quiet and peaceful enjoyment of adjoining woodlands and meadows.
All boundaries are indicated with red markings.
The northern boundary is is a line of fence posts.
The eastern and southern boundaries are along the edge of the field boundary along an old bank.
The western boundary is along the forest track.
Find this wood
This wood is now sold, please do not visit the wood without the permission of the owner.
- OS Landranger: OS No. 181
- Grid ref: SS 934 181
- Nearest post code: EX16 9PS
- GPS coordinates: 50.9533, -3.51773
Three Bares Wood directions:
- From the market town of Tiverton, travel north from the A361 onto the A396 towards Bampton.
- After approximately 3 miles take the left turn towards Stoodleigh over the Iron Bridge.
- Take the first left hand turn after crossing the bridge signposted to Washfield.
- Take care along this narrow lane.
- After around 1.5 miles you come to a sharp left hand bend with houses to your left and right. Look out for the entrance to Pond House on your right. Continue past this entrance and after a short section of hedge you will see a wooden gate on your right just before a house.
- This is the shared access track to the woodland.
- Go through the gate, PLEASE CLOSE THE GATE BEHIND YOU.
- Continue over the stone track until you reach another wooden gate at the far side of the field.
- Go through this gate; again please close the gate behind you. If you have a standard car you can park in the parking area just in front of you and continue on foot if you wish.
- Turn right and take the stoned track over the stream and then turn left onto the main woodland track.
- Continue up the track for around 400 metres, passing a track on your right and then left and continue to the top of the track where you will see a ‘woodlands for sale’ sign on your right. Just before this sign there is a track on your right that heads up through the trees and takes you to the upper, eastern track.
- Turn right at the top of this track and continue along for around 300 metres and you will see Three Bares Wood on both sides of the track and a parking area on the left identified by a 'Three Bares Wood' name sign.
- Satnav/GPS note: the postcode EX16 9PQ is for the point shown by the red dot on the location maps number 2.
Please note this wood is owned by woodlands.co.uk.
Our regional managers are often out working in our woodlands, so if you email an offer and want to be sure it has been received, please phone our manager on their mobile phone. The first offer at the stated price which is accepted, whether by phone or email, has priority.
Please take care when viewing as the great outdoors can contain unexpected hazards and woodlands are no exception. You should exercise common sense and caution, such as wearing appropriate footwear and avoiding visiting during high winds.
These particulars are for guidance only and, though believed to be correct, do not form part of any contract. Woodland Investment Management Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.