SOLD: Biggles Wood £62,000 Freehold
- Bayford, Hertford, Hertfordshire
- about 3 ¾ acres
- East Anglia
Access from the road
Track to wood entrance
Bench amongst trees
View from the ride stop
Thick areas of ash
Further along the internal ride
End of the ride
Chestnut in flower
Old fallen log.
Biggles Wood offers anyone interested in woodland and nature a perfect retreat. As a woodland it teams with wildlife, larger mammals include badgers, deer, and foxes whilst the tree canopy supports woodland birds such as woodpeckers and owls that thrive in this untouched woodland.
Biggles Wood is located just a short drive from the town of Hertford, accessed via a stone road from the highway past pony paddocks to the main entrance of a larger privately owned woodland that Biggles Wood forms part.
Upon entering the main woodland a world of peace and tranquility envelopes you, the nearby towns left far behind as birdsong replaces traffic noise. From here a hardcore track suitable for most vehicles meanders nearly a third of a mile through beautiful woodland to the entrance of Biggles Wood. Whilst visiting do take some time to sit and relax on a bench located near the western boundary.
Biggles Wood is classified as Ancient Semi Natural Woodland (ASNW) this designation indicates this is a site of woodland dating back to at least 1600AD. The woodland is steeped in history and once formed part of the Bayfordbury Estate.
The open nature of this wood offers plenty of places to set up camp or picnic. Woods such as these are rare to the market in this location and provide a perfect countryside retreat.
Conveniently located being only three miles south west from the town of Hertford and a short distance from both the M25 and M1.
Particulars and plans were prepared by our local manager, Matt Marples
The purchasers of the woodland will be asked to enter into a covenant to ensure the quiet and peaceful enjoyment of adjoining woodlands and meadows.
The boundaries are indicated with pink painted boundary stakes and markings on trees. The south eastern boundary is the stone track, the north west and south east are a line of painted stakes, the north west is the field edge.
Find this wood
This wood is now sold, please do not visit the wood without the permission of the owner.
- OS Landranger: OS No. 166
- Grid ref: TL 315 094
- Nearest post code: SG13 8PR
- GPS coordinates: 51.7681, -0.0943623
- From Junction 4 of the A1(M) take the A414 to Hertford.
- Follow for 3 miles turning onto B1455.
- After half a mile turn left onto B158 for 2.25 miles.
- Turn right to Bayford.
- After .75 mile turn left up a stone track. A large sign reads Bayford Park fishing Lake. (If the gate is locked call for the code.) This track is opposite Bayford Hall Farm.
- Carry on up the hill for 200 metres before turning at the first right.
- Follow the track for 200 metres to the woodland gate. please park to one side not blocking the gateway.
- Please note full vehicular access comes with this wood.
- Carefully climb over the gate at the hinge side.
- Follow the track for 500 metres the wood entrance which is marked with a named ridestop is on your left.
- Satnav/GPS note: the postcode SG13 8PR is for the point shown by the red dot on the location map.
Please note this wood is owned by woodlands.co.uk.
Our regional managers are often out working in our woodlands, so if you email an offer and want to be sure it has been received, please phone our manager on their mobile phone. The first offer at the stated price which is accepted, whether by phone or email, has priority.
Please take care when viewing as the great outdoors can contain unexpected hazards and woodlands are no exception. You should exercise common sense and caution, such as wearing appropriate footwear and avoiding visiting during high winds.
These particulars are for guidance only and, though believed to be correct, do not form part of any contract. Woodland Investment Management Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.