SOLD: Frink Wood £69,000 Freehold
- Barham, Ipswich, Suffolk
- about 4 ½ acres
- East Anglia
Park like setting
Oak in distance
Blue bells on bank
Frink Wood is named after the Suffolk Sculptor Dame Elizabeth Frink. Elisabeth Frink was a woman of great courage, integrity and style who gambled continuously against the odds, both in her work and in her life. She achieved the extraordinary distinction of becoming, without any compromise, a genuinely popular sculptor whose work is admired by a broad public. Her dogs and horses have their own authenticity, but the images of a single naked male figure, standing, walking or running, say something about endurance, vulnerability and essential human nature. Any future owner of Frink Wood could sculpt this woodland into a thing of great beauty. Its park-like structure is dotted with great specimen trees, natures very own sculptures.
The various areas of woodland that make up Frink Wood offer wide diversity. Starting from the north on level ground you will find large oaks, cherry trees, mature ash and large pines. Moving south there are wide open areas with patches of bramble. The resident fallow and muntjac deer seem to love this area and are frequently seen here. Yet further south a bank drops away to the eastern boundary. The bank is adorned with bluebells and primroses in spring.
Due to the nature of the woodland it has a wonderful open feel. The trees have space and you can really see the beauty of the old oaks as they have been allowed to spread out to their full potential. There are plenty of places to camp and the woodland is large enough to offer seclusion and privacy.
The woodland is only five miles north from the town of Ipswich and a short distance from both the A12 and A14. Despite the close proximity to these important link roads the woodland feels rural and makes a perfect countryside retreat.
Particulars and plans were prepared by our local manager, Matt Marples
The purchasers of the meadow will be asked to enter into a covenant to ensure the quiet and peaceful enjoyment of adjoining woodlands and meadows.
The woodland boundaries are indicated with painted orange boundary stakes and markings on trees. The eastern boundary is the stone access track. The southern and northern boundary are stakes and the western boundary is indicated by concrete posts set back from the lane.
Find this wood
This wood is now sold, please do not visit the wood without the permission of the owner.
- OS Landranger: OS No. 169
- Grid ref: TM 132 523
- Nearest post code: IP6 0PB
- GPS coordinates: 52.1279, 1.11424
- From the A14 exit at junction 52 to Claydon.
- Pass through Claydon on the Norwich Road and after 2.3 miles turn right onto Sandy Lane.
- Travel along Sandy Lane past the first "Woodlands for sale" sign.
- After 0.5 mile you will see a second sign on the right, opposite Brick Kiln Lodge.
- Turn Right here. You may have to open a double wooden gate.
- Park to the right side of the second double metal gateway.
- Walk around the side of the metal gate and follow the stone track in front of you.
- At the junction with the stone track on the right, turn right
- The entrance to Frink Wood is directly in front of you after 80 metres
- For further details please look at plan number 3.
- Please note the buyer will be provided with a key for full vehicular access.
- Satnav/GPS note: the postcode IP6 0PB is for the point shown by the red dot on the location map.
Please note this wood is owned by woodlands.co.uk.
Our regional managers are often out working in our woodlands, so if you email an offer and want to be sure it has been received, please phone our manager on their mobile phone. The first offer at the stated price which is accepted, whether by phone or email, has priority.
Please take care when viewing as the great outdoors can contain unexpected hazards and woodlands are no exception. You should exercise common sense and caution, such as wearing appropriate footwear and avoiding visiting during high winds.
These particulars are for guidance only and, though believed to be correct, do not form part of any contract. Woodland Investment Management Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.