SOLD: Poles wood £39,000 Freehold
- Barham, Ipswich, Suffolk
- about 2 ⅔ acres
- East Anglia
Grass area beside access track
Grass area beside access track
Mature ash trees.
Muntjac deer on the move
A perfect opportunity to buy a manageable sized woodland packed with mature trees located within a larger area of protected woodland. Poles Wood is a perfect entry level into family forestry.
The woodland is a mix of ash, sycamore and larch with some well established hazel coppice stools. Whilst open and stocked with magnificent mature trees the woodland feels very private. There are plenty of areas ideal for camping. It also has the benefit of a wide grass glade on the northern and western edges. This glade is a favorite area for deer who graze the grass.
Wildlife is plentiful, the woodland offers safe haven for fallow and muntjac deer, with foxes, badgers, stoat and numerous other mamels often seen. A small herd of fallow regularly pass through the woodland feeding on the healthy bramble understore. Woodcock, pheasants, woodpeckes and buzzards are just some of the birds that are found here.
Poles Wood is located in a much larger area of private woodland which is covered by the woodlands covenant. Thus you are safe in the knowledge that not only your area is protected but also those around you. The benefit of over 100 acres being protected is immense in wildlife terms. All the necessary infrastructure has been updated and the track to the wood from the highway is an excellent stone track which offers all year access for vehicles.
Whilst many of the trees in the wood are straight and would make great poles for building the wood is named in honour of the Polish Brigade who fought so bravely in the Second World War. Many parts of the brigade were stationed in East Anglia and they played a vital part in winning great battles, including the Battle of Britain.
The woodland is only five miles north from the town of Ipswich and a short distance from both the A12 and A14 however feels very rural and offers owners a perfect countryside retreat.
Particulars and plans were prepared by our local manager, Matt Marples
The purchasers of the woodland will be asked to enter into a covenant to ensure the quiet and peaceful enjoyment of adjoining woodlands and meadows.
The boundaries are indicated by purple markings on trees and boundary stakes. The southern boundary is a line of stakes. The northern and eastern and western boundaries are the stone track edge.
Find this wood
This wood is now sold, please do not visit the wood without the permission of the owner.
- OS Landranger: OS No. 169
- Grid ref: TM 133 523
- Nearest post code: IP6 0PB
- GPS coordinates: 52.1284, 1.11606
- From the A14 exit at junction 52 to Claydon.
- Pass through Claydon on the Norwich Road and after 2.3 miles turn right onto Sandy Lane.
- Travel up Sandy Lane past the first woodlands for sale sign.
- After 0.5 mile you will see a second sign on the right, opposite Brick Kiln Lodge.
- Turn Right here. You may have to open a double wooden gate.
- Park to the right side of the second double metal gateway.
- Walk around the side of the metal gate and follow the stone track in front of you.
- At the junction with stone track on the right turn right and follow around the corner.
- The entrance to Poles Wood is on the left after 100 metres.
- For further details please look at plan number 3.
- Please note the buyer will be provided with a key for full vehicular access.
- Satnav/GPS note: the postcode IP6 0PB is for the point shown by the red dot on the location map.
Please note this wood is owned by woodlands.co.uk.
Our regional managers are often out working in our woodlands, so if you email an offer and want to be sure it has been received, please phone our manager on their mobile phone. The first offer at the stated price which is accepted, whether by phone or email, has priority.
Please take care when viewing as the great outdoors can contain unexpected hazards and woodlands are no exception. You should exercise common sense and caution, such as wearing appropriate footwear and avoiding visiting during high winds.
These particulars are for guidance only and, though believed to be correct, do not form part of any contract. Woodland Investment Management Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.