SOLD: Priestley Meadow £59,000 Freehold
- Barham, Ipswich , Suffolk
- about 4 ⅓ acres
- East Anglia
Fallow on field by meadow
A glorious day in the meadow
Bench under oak tree
Entrance to meadow
Woodland edge by western boundary
Track to meadow
Sign at main entrance by the highway.
Priestley Meadow is situated at the northern end of Barham Wood, this being a larger area of privately owned meadows and woodland of which Priestly Meadow forms part. The meadow is accessed via an excellent stoned track which is suitable for all year round vehicular access.
An ancient oak tree marks the northern boundary, beneath this magnificent tree a small hand made bench has been built in its shade. This is a wonderful place to sit and contemplate whilst watching wildlife and enjoy stunning views across gently undulating rural Suffolk farmland. Fallow deer as seen in picture 2 below are often seen as well as a variety of birds including barn owls, buzzards and red kite.
The western boundary is indicated by a ditch, bordered by privately owned woodland which provides screening and shelters the meadow from westerly winds. This area is an ideal spot to set up camp or have a picnic.
The meadow is very gently sloping and well drained, this is a versatile area of land that could have many uses in its current form or perhaps be planted with trees to form a wonderful wildlife haven. It would be a perfect spot to keep bees with the nearby woodlands and without much work could be transformed into a spectacular wildflower meadow. Alternativley anyone wishing to offset their carbon footprint could plant trees creating your very own woodland.
Located only five miles north from the town of Ipswich and a short distance from both the A12 and A14 however feels very rural and offers owners a perfect countryside retreat.
Particulars and plans were prepared by our local manager, Matt Marples
The purchasers of the meadow will be asked to enter into a covenant to ensure the quiet and peaceful enjoyment of adjoining woodlands and meadows.
The boundaries are indicated by lime green markings on trees and boundary stakes. The southern boundary is the ditch edge and stone track edge. The western boundary is indicated by the ditch bank. The northern boundary is indicated by the field hedge bank and the eastern boundary is indicated by a line of stakes.
Find this wood
This wood is now sold, please do not visit the wood without the permission of the owner.
- OS Landranger: OS No. 169
- Grid ref: TM 140 527
- Nearest post code: IP6 0PB
- GPS coordinates: 52.1315, 1.12533
- From the A14 exit at junc 52 to Claydon.
- Go through Claydon on the Norwich Road and after 2.3 miles turn right onto Sandy Lane.
- Travel along Sandy lane past the first woodlands sign.
- After .5 mile you will see a second sign on the right, opposite Brick Kiln Lodge.
- Turn Right. You may have to open a double wooden gate.
- Park to the right side of the double metal gateway.
- Walk around the side of the gate and follow the stone track in front of you.
- At the junction with the stone track on the right keep left past a barn and follow the track 700 metres past meadows along a wood edge.
- Go past a stone road on right.
- You will cross a second meadow and follow the track around to the right and then left over a ditch the entrance is on the left of the track. (nearly 1 mile from the main gate.)
- Please note full vehicular rights will be given to the buyer.
- Satnav/GPS note: the postcode IP6 0PB is for the point shown by the red dot on the location map.
Please note this wood is owned by woodlands.co.uk.
Our regional managers are often out working in our woodlands, so if you email an offer and want to be sure it has been received, please phone our manager on their mobile phone. The first offer at the stated price which is accepted, whether by phone or email, has priority.
Please take care when viewing as the great outdoors can contain unexpected hazards and woodlands are no exception. You should exercise common sense and caution, such as wearing appropriate footwear and avoiding visiting during high winds.
These particulars are for guidance only and, though believed to be correct, do not form part of any contract. Woodland Investment Management Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.