SOLD: Princes Wood £25,000
- Great Hampden, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
- about 1 ⅓ acres
- East Anglia
Stone access track.
A coppice stool.
Sign on lane.
Princes Wood provides an ideal opportunity for those interested in exploring the joy of owning a woodland at an entry level price.
Princes Wood has many fine specimens of mature trees that include cherry, larch, hemlock and oak. The mature cherry trees give dappled shade in the summer, located beneath one of the cherry trees is a bench which makes an excellent place to sit and ponder.
To the north the lane frontage is open and large specimen trees dominate this area. Whilst to the south near the entrance beech and cherry trees tower above clumps of foxgloves in summer. The woodland is level, has good access and is ideally suited for family forestry and amenity use.
The woodland has been named in memory of Prince Edward who owned the local manor and its surrounding lands. He was gifted the lands by the King.
Edward Prince of Wales is known as the Black Prince. He was only 14 years of age in 1344 when he became the Lord and he held the manor for 32 years until his death in 1376. It was during this period that the manor became known as Princes Risborough. Princes Wood once formed part of the Hampden Estate, they managed this and other nearby woodlands for generations to ensure the area remained woodland.
Easily found and accessed off Pink Road and being under an hour's drive from London and 30 minutes from Oxford. The town of High Wycombe is only a short drive from the woodland and has an excellent variety of shops providing everything a woodland owner could want.
Particulars and plans were prepared by our local manager, Matt Marples.
The purchasers of the woodland will be asked to enter into a covenant to ensure the quiet and peaceful enjoyment of adjoining woodlands and meadows.
The woods boundaries are marked with painted Lime green boundary stakes and markings on trees. The northern boundary is the lane. The western and eastern boundary are stakes and the southern boundary is the stone woodland ride.
Find this wood
This wood is now sold, please do not visit the wood without the permission of the owner.
- OS Landranger: OS No. 181
- Grid ref: SP 829 018
- Nearest post code: HP27 0RJ
- GPS coordinates: 51.7095, -0.800692
- Travelling from High Wycombe on the B4010, take the right turn at the roundabout in Princes Risborough. (After Marks and Spencer.)
- Follow this road for 1.25 miles.
- Turn left at the T Junction.
- After .33 miles turn left at the junction opposite the Pink and Lily Inn.
- The entrance to the woodland is 400 metres on the right hand side of the road behind a metal gate.
- Park to one side of the gateway. Carefully climb over the gate. Owners will be provided with a key for vehicular access.
- Take the right hand stone track.
- After 100 metres the wood entrance is on the right.
- Satnav/GPS note: the postcode HP27 0RJ is for the point shown by the red dot on plan 3 of the location maps.
Please note this wood is owned by woodlands.co.uk.
Our regional managers are often out working in our woodlands, so if you email an offer and want to be sure it has been received, please phone our manager on their mobile phone. The first offer at the stated price which is accepted, whether by phone or email, has priority.
Please take care when viewing as the great outdoors can contain unexpected hazards and woodlands are no exception. You should exercise common sense and caution, such as wearing appropriate footwear and avoiding visiting during high winds.
These particulars are for guidance only and, though believed to be correct, do not form part of any contract. Woodland Investment Management Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.