SOLD: Twist Meadow £79,000 Freehold
- Barham, Ipswich, Suffolk
- 5 ⅔ acres
- East Anglia
Oak tree on the western boundary
Ride stop marking the entrance
Oak and ash
A perfect place to rest and ponder
Tree line marking a boundary
Fallow deer on neighbouring field
Excellent track to the meadow
Sign at the main entrance gate
Twist Meadow is situated at the northern end of Barham Wood, a larger area of meadows and woodland protected by the woodlands covenant. The meadow is accessed via an excellent stoned track which will be suitable for year round vehicular access.
On arriving at Twist Meadow it is immediately apparent that you are well away from all the hustle and bustle of modern life. The meadow is very gently sloping and well drained. A number of ancient oak trees mark the boundaries and help frame stunning views across gently undulating rural Suffolk farmland. A small bank marks the northern boundary where a bench is located, please do take some time sitting here when visiting to take in the peaceful surroundings.
The meadow could have so many uses in its current form or could also be planted to form a wonderful wildlife haven. It would be a perfect spot to keep bees with the nearby woodlands and without much work could be transformed into a spectacular wildflower meadow. Anyone wishing to offset their carbon footprint could plant trees creating your very own woodland.
Nearby Barham is one of the Villages with a claim to have been the basis of Charles Dickens' story Oliver Twist. Dickens is said to have been shown around the workhouse on a visit to Suffolk and to have seen a record book containing the details of a ten-year-old boy's apprenticeship.
The woodland is only five miles North from the town of Ipswich and a short distance from both the A12 and A14 however feels very rural and offers owners a perfect countryside retreat.
Particulars and plans were prepared by our local manager, Matt Marples
The purchasers of the meadow will be asked to enter into a covenant to ensure the quiet and peaceful enjoyment of adjoining woodlands and meadows.
The boundaries are indicated by orange markings on trees and boundary stakes. The southern boundary is the ditch edge. The western boundary is a line of stakes. The northern and eastern boundary are the hedge line.
Find this wood
This wood is now sold, please do not visit the wood without the permission of the owner.
- OS Landranger: OS No. 169
- Grid ref: TM 141 527
- Nearest post code: IP6 0PB
- GPS coordinates: 52.1315, 1.12728
- From the A14 exit at junc 52 to Claydon.
- Go through Claydon on the Norwich Road and after 2.3 miles turn right onto Sandy Lane.
- Travel up Sandy lane past the first woodlands sign.
- After 0.5 mile you will see a second sign on the right, opposite Brick Kiln Lodge.
- Turn Right. You may have to open a double wooden gate.
- Park to the right side of the Double metal gateway.
- Walk around the side of the metal gate and follow the stone track in front of you.
- At the junction with stone track on the right keep left past a barn and follow the track 700 metres past meadows along a wood edge on your right.
- Go past the stone road on right.
- You will cross a second meadow and follow the track around to the right and then left over a ditch the entrance is at the end of the stone track. (nearly 1 mile from the main gate.)
- For further details please look at plan number 3.
- Please note the buyer will be provided with a key for full vehicular access.
- Satnav/GPS note: the postcode IP6 0PB is for the point shown by the red dot on the location map.
Please note this wood is owned by woodlands.co.uk.
Our regional managers are often out working in our woodlands, so if you email an offer and want to be sure it has been received, please phone our manager on their mobile phone. The first offer at the stated price which is accepted, whether by phone or email, has priority.
Please take care when viewing as the great outdoors can contain unexpected hazards and woodlands are no exception. You should exercise common sense and caution, such as wearing appropriate footwear and avoiding visiting during high winds.
These particulars are for guidance only and, though believed to be correct, do not form part of any contract. Woodland Investment Management Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.