SOLD: Honeydew Wood £59,000 Freehold
- Selling, Faversham, Kent
- about 4 ¼ acres
- South East England
A private walk path in Honeydew Wood
A place to sit and enjoy the view
Amongst the chestnut coppice
The view from the track alongside Honeydew Wood (on right)
The timber stacking area inside the main entrance gates
An old coppice stool
The main gate entrance to Goulds Wood
The quiet country lane leading to the wood (wood on the left)
Honeydew Wood is a very private wood located directly off a quiet country lane. There are no public footpaths through or alongside the wood. It is part of a larger woodland known as ‘Goulds Wood’. The main entrance to Goulds Wood is a double metal gate off Rhode Common. The track providing a right of way along the east of Honeydew Wood to the north of the wood, is suitable in dry conditions for small 4x4s. There is a large timber stacking area down by the gate which provides somewhere secure to park.
Honeydew Wood is a chestnut coppice with some hazel, mature oaks, naturally regenerating birch and the occasional hornbeam, beech, holly, and ash. The wood was last coppiced approx. 10 years ago. The coppice in the southern part of the wood is quite well-spaced and easily accessed on foot. The northern part is denser due to the birch. It would benefit from thinning of the birch which could be achieved using hand-tools. The wood is on a south west facing slope allowing for good drainage with sunlight potential. A private walk track has been created through Honeydew Wood. Along this path a bench has been installed, in a small clearing by one of the splendid oaks. There are impressive views from here across the Kent Downs.
Honeydew Wood has been designated as an Ancient Replanted Woodland (PAWS) by Natural England. This land has been wooded since at least 1600AD. Kestrels, buzzards, great spotted, lesser spotted and green woodpeckers have been recorded in the area. Honeydew Wood has recently been named after the wood ants found in Goulds Wood.
The purchasers of the woodland will be asked to enter into a covenant to ensure the quiet and peaceful enjoyment of adjoining woodlands and meadows.
The boundaries of the wood are indicated with MAUVE markings.
Find this wood
This wood is now sold, please do not visit the wood without the permission of the owner.
- OS Landranger: OS No. 179
- Grid ref: TR 064 571
- Nearest post code: ME13 9PU
- GPS coordinates: 51.2757, 0.959027
Please note, for satellite navigation, use the post code ME13 9PU. This will take you to within approx. 0.2 miles of Goulds Wood as shown by the red dot on the map. Coordinates to the main entrance gate leading to Honeydew Wood (off Rhode Common) are: N51.274262, E0.957974. To find the wood follow the instructions below.
- From the M2 Junction 7 head south on Botany Lane signposted for Brenley and Selling.
- Turn left at the T-Junction towards Selling and take the next right which continues as Brenley Lane for 1 mile.
- This joins the Selling Road which continues past Selling Station (and onto Selling).
- Once you past Selling Station and the village shop, take the 2nd road left (not Fox Lane). This unnamed road is signposted for Chilham and Chartham.
- Take the next left turn onto Rhode Common. Follow this unnamed road approx. 600 meters over a railway line until you reach Goulds Wood on the right-hand side.
- Park at the metal gates on the right-hand side with ‘Woodlands for Sale’ sign on it (being sure to leave the main gate accessible).
- Climb through the post and rail fence to the right-hand side of the gates.
- Turn left up the track, taking the left hand fork up the hill. Honeydew Wood is to the left with its boundaries marked in MAUVE.
- Sat Nav note: The post code ME13 9PU is for the point shown on the location map by the red dot which is further south back along Rhode Common.
Please note this wood is owned by woodlands.co.uk.
Our regional managers are often out working in our woodlands, so if you email an offer and want to be sure it has been received, please phone our manager on their mobile phone. The first offer at the stated price which is accepted, whether by phone or email, has priority.
Please take care when viewing as the great outdoors can contain unexpected hazards and woodlands are no exception. You should exercise common sense and caution, such as wearing appropriate footwear and avoiding visiting during high winds.
These particulars are for guidance only and, though believed to be correct, do not form part of any contract. Woodland Investment Management Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.