A is for Arboretum
A is for Arboretum,
B is for Botanic Garden.......
Here are some places where you can see trees (and other plants) 'up close and personal'. The arboreta and gardens listed below are just some suggestions of places that you might like to visit either for a trip out or to do some research on trees and / or shrubs to plant in your woodland or garden.
- Anglesey Abbey, Cambridgeshire
- Batsford Arboretum (nr Moreton in the Marsh, Cotswolds)
- Bedgebury Pinetum, Goudhurst, Kent. Superb conifer collection
- Bluebell Arboretum, (Ashby de la Zouch), Leicestershire
- Bodnant, Conwy, Wales. (check current opening times)
- Cambridge University Botanic Garden, Cambridge.
- Harcourt Arboretum, Oxford
- Hatfield Forest, near Bishops Stortford
- RHS Wisley, Surrey - links to other RHS gardens (Rosemoor, Hyde Hall, Harlow Carr)
- Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, London
- Thorpe Perrow Arboretum, North Yorkshire
- Wakehurst Place, West Sussex (Sussex ‘outpost’ of Kew & Millennium Seed Bank)
- Westonbirt Arboretum, Gloucestershire – The National Arboretum